Halton Pardee recently discovered Galileo Summer Camp, a local hidden gem! This extraordinary day camp is doing big things for the youth in our community and we couldn’t wait to share this find with you!
At Galileo Summer Camp, they believe that summer should be loads of fun and be profoundly enriching at the same time. That’s why innovation is at the core of everything they do.
Galileo Summer Camp Highlights:
- Curriculum with serious substance sparks kids’ imagination from Pre-K all the way through 8th grade (all locations go from Pre-K through 5th grade and select locations go through 8th grade).
- Experienced, dynamic staff provide campers with a steady stream of compassion and inspiration.
- The Galileo Innovation Approach® teaches kids to embrace challenges, learn from mistakes and create without fear.
- Your kids will love making their wildest ideas come to life. You’ll love the lasting impact it has on their confidence and creativity.
Something powerful happens at Galileo that doesn’t happen at other camps. Sure, kids have fun. They have a lot of fun. They come home glowing, grimy and wiped out. But amidst the frenzy, campers also learn something with the potential to change themselves — and the world — profoundly. They learn how to fail. Not in a humiliating or dispiriting way. But in a self-assured way, that helps turn them into hardy, risk-taking creators and problem-solvers.
Multiply that inversion times thousands of kids every summer and you have Galileo’s audacious mission — to nurture and inspire a daring new generation of fearless innovators.
Armed with an innovation process inspired by the Stanford d.school, Galileo instructors facilitate campers’ hands-on exploration of science, art, and outdoor activities. Behind every activity, an idea. And a mindset — visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined, reflective.
In Pre-K, campers may reinforce and reshape a cardboard box into a rideable scooter or practice sculpting techniques to create a miniature model of the human brain. By 8th grade, they may design their own video game, create an array of gourmet confections with imaginative designs and flavors, or bring to life some creation entirely of their own invention.
The products are cool. But the by-products — supreme confidence and a boldness of vision worthy of our camp’s patron saint — are what will eventually rock our world.
There are plenty of Galileo Westside locations to choose from, making it easy and accessible for all campers. Check out the list below:
- Venice: Westminster Avenue Elementary
- Brentwood: St. Martin of Tours Elementary School
- Culver City: Turning Point School
- Playa Vista: Westside Neighborhood School
- Santa Monica: PS1 Pluralistic School
As a Halton Pardee client, your family can enjoy $30 off Galileo Summer Camp. Use Promo Code PARDEE18 when you sign up!
For more information: http://bit.ly/weheartgalileo