Los Angeles’ 9th Annual – MarinaFest + Discover Marina del Rey
Thousands of people will gather for the annual MarinaFest at Burton Chace Park (13650 Mindanao Way), a yearly community event celebrating the coastal lifestyle of Marina del Rey. The two-day weekend festival will feature an in-water boat show and more than 40 booths promoting local Marina del Rey businesses and associations, food trucks, and historic water tours. Sunday will mark Discover Marina del Rey, with additional arts and entertainment activities at Burton Chace Park.
“MarinaFest & Discover Marina del Rey brings together everything our coastal community has to offer,” says Russ Carrington, owner of Action Water Sports in Marina del Rey. “From land to sea, guests can learn to sail, explore a tall ship of yesteryear, try food from local vendors, and shop from community artisans and exhibitors. There’s plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy all weekend long.”
MarinaFest & Discover Marina del Rey Highlights:
- In-Water Boat Show – Yachts, Sailboats, Fishing boats
- Historic Tall Ships – Climb aboard replicas of topsail brigantines
- Boating Lessons – Carefree Boat Club Los Angeles is offering an introductory powerboating class. Each course is 1 hour long and will go over basic instruction, navigation and rule of the road. Must sign up in advance as tickets will not be available during event.
- Food Trucks – a variety of coastal inspired cuisine will be offered
- Kids’ Zone – Keep the kiddos busy with face painting, bounce houses and crafts.
- Free Boating Excursions – Boat with a certified USCG Captain, courtesy of Carefree Boating Club
- Shopping for Crafts and Curated Items – More than 40 exhibitors on site
- Electric Bike and Paddleboard Demos + More
Saturday, June 22, 10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday, June 23, 11:00am-5:00pm
Burton Chace Park
13650 Mindanao Way
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Header image courtesy of marinafest.org